Friday, February 25, 2011

Can't Wait for Chochon!

Cochon 555 Poster
I was living in San Francisco when I first heard of Chochon 555.  A mythical event of epic proportion - it brought together 5 chefs, 5 pigs, and 5 winemakers for a ridiculous feast and exciting competition.  I didn't make it and I've kicked myself ever since.

Fate, it turns out, is a foodie with a sympathetic heart.  Two years later I find myself on the other side of the country working at one of the farms that has been selected to compete in this year's event.  I don't know who the other farms are yet, but you can read more about the chefs and winemakers here.

I was lucky enough to meet two of the chefs - Tarver King and Bryan Voltaggio - when I was working as the General Manager for Local Roots, A Farm-to-Table Restaurant.  Both are great chefs and cool guys.  I can't wait to see what they come up with for Cochon!

When we find out who our chef is, we'll let you know.  In the meantime, we'll be focused on giving a lot of love to our Big Blacks - getting them ready for the big day.

1 comment:

  1. Are u defintely going? I envy you. I missed one in NYC and Boston. Need some pork fix!

    ReplyDelete